Reality begins with a written plan!
Adapt the following plan for your ministry.
- One or two participants are asked to lead this at every event.
- Their job is to say three things in 30 seconds with enthusiasm and sincerity!
1. Personal welcome.
2. Name one piece of the culture.
3. Share a reason why you come.
- One or two youth are invited to do this before every event.
- (Suggestion! Have an adult volunteer trained to select, prep and thank students each week.)
TRAINING / PREPARATION
- Adult leader reviews the “Culture Keeper” outline with selected student.
- Before the event, on the sidelines, ask the youth to pick one item from culture list, and one reason they come, using the guide. Ask them to practice sharing their thoughts in their own words.
- Group cheers and claps when person stands up. (Leadership core team insures this happens.)
- Up-front leader thanks the person in front of the whole group.
- After the event, the adult who selected the youth seeks him or her out and gives appreciation and affirmation.