By far, families are the greatest influencers of children in ensuring they grow up with a faith that sticks.
Therefore, the goal of all family ministries is to equip parents and grandparents with ways to talk about faith and life, as well as develop a rhythm of faith practices.
This requires resources
We are honored to be working with the legendary writers David and Kathy Lynn!
Explore below an amazing kit packed with creative and resources to be used in households of all kinds.
This requires training
Don’t expect families to do anything they have not first practiced with their church!”David Lynn
In other words, you can’t just email stuff to them without first giving them some guided experiences.
Explore below some of the options that we can help you with!
Begin by looking through this surprisingly packed list of this one-year kit.
Options and details follow!
Year one of over 200 easy and ready to use resources to give or send to your families! Presently, year one is ready soon for you, providing your congregation with a complete family ministry package.
Only $189.00 for first year. Over 100 fun-n-faith activities, plus guiding, publicity, and teaching resources.
CLICK for Zoom Code! SEPT 24th, 11am CST – A 45 Minute learn and experience workshop. Best way to learn about this resource.
CLICK to see more at the store!
As you dig into this your creative juices will just get flowing. Faith Formation around the table is life-giving to a family ESPECIALLY in a time like Covid19!– Melinda Shunk
TRAINING & WORKSHOPS
For those who work with family ministry!
Energize Your Family Ministry
Empower Your Congregation
Equip Your Parents & Grandparents
Encourage Your Families
Become the best family ministry leader of all time!
The future of your congregation is a stronger, more practical partnership with the home.
◆ Participate in this fast-paced, eight-hour workshop that gives you a new framework for ministry aligned with today’s realities of faith formation.
◆ Build up your leadership skills with an experienced coach who will help you understand family ministry from a new perspective.
◆ Discover how you can weave family ministry into the normal routines of your congregational life as you train families to weave faith formation into the normal routines of family life.
◆ Use new working tools with which your team can make positive change happen in your congregation and in your homes.
◆ Learn how to build in ways to gauge your progress that keep you and the congregation informed of how you are doing.
◆ Explore how to attract new families who don’t have a church home.
◆ Work with principles of family ministry that will shape how you work with children, youth, parents, and grandparents forever.
For church leaders, professional or volunteer. PLUS… if you have any youth that can join during the day. Pass the Zoom link on! They can come for FREE.
- FEB 4, 11, 18, 25, 2021, 1pm Central
COST only $199
$100 discount for additional people from your congregation
CLICK here to register in the store.
For you and your families to have David directly energize, motivate, and help your families practice so they
Family Ministry That Results in Families Doing Ministry!
- Invite David Lynn, our family expert who makes family ministry practical, fun, meaningful and very doable.
- Remember: “First practice in the church what you want families to do in their homes.
- Learn the reasons and the resources for family ministry.
- ZOOM price: $375 for you and families from your church
- IN PERSON price: $1,200
- CONTACT David Lynn at <Davidlynn@comcast.net>
Engaging your families to pass on a faith that lasts
For those currently using MAKE MEAL TIME FAMILY TIME.
45 Minutes to Check-up and Check-in!
Keep growing in Family Ministry! Learn from other churches! Get new hints and ideas.
FREE for churches using Make Meal Time Family Time
- OCT 6th 2020, 2PM CST
- JAN 7th, 2021, 2PM CST
- ARP 13th, 2021, 2PM CST
CLICK here for Zoom Link!
- Promote homegrown faith for every household in your congregation.
- Pass on a faith that lasts to the children and youth in your congregation.
- Provide your congregation with a complete family ministry package.
- Encourage parents and grandparents to pass on their faith rather than rely only on the congregation.
- Energize a more vibrant 24/7 faith outside the walls of your congregation’s buildings.
- Promote the Five Faith Promises.
- Engage your marginally connected families more fully with your congregation.
- Attract and engage new families immediately.
- Give your parents and grandparents the skills they need to strengthen their families in Christ.
- Encourage collaboration across ministry areas in your congregation so that all your ministries work together to promote family life in Christ.
- Provide all materials in downloadable Web-based PDF, Word, and PowerPoint content for your easy access and use.
David Lynn, serves as our passionate Associate Family Director. David has over 30 years of experience in children’s, youth, and family ministry, has written over 40 books, including the popular TalkSheets, and has trained youth workers across the country.
Kathy Lynn, is a key writer of resources with over 30 years of experience in children’s, youth, and family ministry, has written nine books including HomeGrown Faith with her husband David. She began her career as a high school teacher.
David and Kathy have two daughters and live in Tucson, Arizona.
Ten Benefits of Frequent Family Dinners
Rich faith and life family conversations tend to happen most often when families eat together!
Not only that, but get this!
A survey of National Merit Scholars showed they had very little in common, except for one thing—they all had frequent family meals!
Add this interesting study’s results!
The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse lists these benefits.* Teens:
- are at half the risk for substance abuse compared to teens who dine with their families infrequently.
- are less likely to have friends or classmates who use illicit drugs or abuse prescription drugs.
- have lower levels of tension and stress at home.
- are more likely to say that their parents are proud of them.
- are likelier to say they can confide in their parents.
- are likelier to get better grades in school.
- are more likely to be emotionally content and have positive peer relationships.
- have healthier eating habits.
- are at lower risk for thoughts of suicide.
- are less likely to try marijuana or have friends who use marijuana.
(* Excerpted from The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University Web site, http://www.casafamilyday.org)
David builds his training and resources around faith disciplines that parents and grandparents can promise to practice with their children and grandchildren. The whole congregation promises to promote these practices so that a faith that lasts is passed to the next generation.
THE FIVE FAITH PROMISES:
- PRAYER—We promise to pray together every day.
- BIBLE READING—We promise to read the Bible together regularly.
- FAITH CONVERSATIONS—We promise to talk together often about Jesus and our faith.
- ACTS OF SERVICE—We promise to perform acts of service together in our community, our congregation, and our home.
- SHARED MEALTIMES—We promise to share five or more meals together each week, and to engage in other rituals and traditions together.
Note the promises as found in Acts 2:42, 44–47 (CEV)
They spent their time learning from the apostles [Bible Reading], and they were like family to each other. They also broke bread [Shared Mealtimes] and prayed together [Prayer]. All the Lord’s followers often met together [Faith Conversations], and they shared everything they had. They would sell their property and possessions and give the money to whoever needed it [Acts of Service]. Day after day [& other Rituals/Traditions] they met together in the temple. They broke bread together in different homes and shared their food happily and freely, while praising God.