Family Ministry That Results in Families Doing Ministry!
Families are the greatest influencers of children in ensuring they grow up with a faith that sticks.
Therefore, the goal of all family ministries is to equip parents and grandparents with ways to talk about faith and life, as well as develop a rhythm of faith practices.
YOU WILL GET a whole kit of resources, training, marketing and helps for each of the following!
- Faith Make-n-Takes
- Parenting Faith
- Grandparenting Faith
- Bringing Faith Home
- Families Together
We are honored to be working with the legendary writers and trainers, David and Kathy Lynn!
Only $199.00. Over 100 fun-n-faith activities, plus guiding, publicity, and teaching resources.
CLICK to see more at the store!
CLICK for a PDF info and sample sheet.
CLICK for PDF overview of everything in the kit!
As you dig into this your creative juices will just get flowing. Faith Formation around the table is life-giving to a family. – Melinda Shunk
“Total Family Ministry is a wonderful resource that helps us nurture faith in the home. We have known for a while now that we must empower households to practice faith wherever they are. Total Family Ministry has given us the practical tools, training, and ministry assistance to make it happen. Total Family Ministry gives you more resources than you will use. You can use what fits the personality and needs of your congregation.” – Sarah Hausken
FAMILY MINISTRY TRAINING
Only $195 for training – Three weeks, two hours a week via Zoom.
•Sept 27, Oct 4, 11, 2021 12 noon CT
• Feb 24, MAR 3, & 10, 2022 12 noon CT
CLICK here to register in the store.
Three weeks, two hours a week with the creative genius, writer and speaker David Lynn. Learn directly from the best of the best along with others who share your a passion for family ministry.
Participate in this fast-paced, six-hour workshop that gives you a new framework for ministry aligned with today’s realities of faith formation.
Energize Your Family Ministry
Empower Your Congregation
Equip Your Parents & Grandparents
Encourage Your Families
The future of your congregation is a stronger, more practical partnership with the home.
◆ Participate in this fast-paced, six-hour workshop that gives you a new framework for ministry aligned with today’s realities of faith formation.
◆ Build up your leadership skills with an experienced coach who will help you understand family ministry from a new perspective.
◆ Discover how you can weave family ministry into the normal routines of your congregational life as you train families to weave faith formation into the normal routines of family life.
◆ Use new working tools with which your team can make positive change happen in your congregation and in your homes.
◆ Learn how to build in ways to gauge your progress that keep you and the congregation informed of how you are doing.
◆ Explore how to attract new families who don’t have a church home.
◆ Work with principles of family ministry that will shape how you work with children, youth, parents, and grandparents forever.
For you and your families with David Lynn in person to energize, motivate, and help your families practice so they.
OR... for your whole network of area leaders eager to start and enhance their family ministry.
- Invite David Lynn, our family expert who makes family ministry practical, fun, meaningful and very doable.
- Remember: “First practice in the church what you want families to do in their homes.”
- Learn the reasons, methods and the resources for family ministry.
- IN PERSON price: $1,900
- CONTACT David Lynn for availability <Davidlynn@comcast.net>
- Promote homegrown faith for every household in your congregation.
- Pass on a faith that lasts to the children and youth in your congregation.
- Provide your congregation with a complete family ministry package.
- Encourage parents and grandparents to pass on their faith rather than rely only on the congregation.
- Energize a faith that live beyond the walls of your congregation’s buildings.
- Promote the Five Faith Promises.
- Engage your marginally connected families more fully with your congregation.
- Attract and engage new families immediately.
- Give your parents and grandparents the skills they need to strengthen their families in Christ.
- Encourage collaboration across ministry areas in your congregation so that all your ministries work together to promote family life in Christ.
- Provide all materials in downloadable Web-based PDF, Word, and PowerPoint content for your easy access and use.
David Lynn, serves as our passionate Associate Family Director. David has over 30 years of experience in children’s, youth, and family ministry, has written over 40 books, including the popular TalkSheets, and has trained youth workers across the country.
Kathy Lynn, is a key writer of resources with over 30 years of experience in children’s, youth, and family ministry, has written nine books including HomeGrown Faith with her husband David. She began her career as a high school teacher.
Living in Tuson, AZ
David builds his training and resources around faith disciplines that parents and grandparents can promise to practice with their children and grandchildren. The whole congregation promises to promote these practices so that a faith that lasts is passed to the next generation.
THE FIVE FAITH PROMISES: all practices I hope all families learn!
- PRAYER—We promise to pray together every day.
- BIBLE READING—We promise to read the Bible together regularly.
- FAITH CONVERSATIONS—We promise to talk together often about Jesus and our faith.
- ACTS OF SERVICE—We promise to perform acts of service together in our community, our congregation, and our home.
- SHARED MEALTIMES—We promise to share five or more meals together each week, and to engage in other rituals and traditions together.
Note the promises as found in Acts 2:42, 44–47 (CEV)
They spent their time learning from the apostles [Bible Reading], and they were like family to each other. They also broke bread [Shared Mealtimes] and prayed together [Prayer]. All the Lord’s followers often met together [Faith Conversations], and they shared everything they had. They would sell their property and possessions and give the money to whoever needed it [Acts of Service]. Day after day [& other Rituals/Traditions] they met together in the temple. They broke bread together in different homes and shared their food happily and freely, while praising God.