PEER MINISTRY LEADERSHP’S
YOUNG SAMARITANS – A nine session manual equipping upper elementary ages with faith and life relational skills to listen and care.
- Use in a series or choose activities to WEAVE into your existing programs.
- Faith and life relational skills connects BIBLICAL lessons into real life.
- Learn and practice it where it is lived. TAKE IT HOME features allows further practice with families.
- GO AND DO LIKEWISE challenges to not just learn the skills but, to use the skills.
The Young Samaritans Experience
Diving into the foundational Good Samaritan story!
Learn listening skills that include body, mind, and heart.
Use empathetic responses when people experience life’s ICKS.
Begin and carry on conversations. Physically show interest, guide conversation topics, and ask good questions.
Make acts of kindness a regular practice uplifting and brightening people’s day.
Dealing With Conflict
Practice healthy strategies for resolving conflict.
Practice life affirming, life shaping encouragement that says, “You can!”
Adults to Trust
Young people identify adults to lean on, learn from, and look up to.
Make healthy life decisions based on relational consequences while also being able to help friends think through their decisions.
Glad you asked! The manual is for any adult leaders who want to pass on real life faith and life skills to their youth! Don’t forget you may want to also share this manual with with older teen Peer Ministers who will help you lead!
Your participants will likely be upper elementary youth. Your Tweeners! Somewhere in the 3rd to 6th grade range. Although… there are things in here I wish my adults knew too!
Wow! Where do we start?
- Friendship concerns are huge! Giving people those usable, repeatable doable, livable SKILLS just makes sense.
- Making a friend, being a friend, knowing how to listen and care for friends, these are all high priorities for young people.
- “Connecting faith to real life relationships is pure genius! It instantly takes the God lessons beyond church class rooms.”
10 Video coaching clips PLUS, two personal Zoom sessions with a Peer Ministry Trainer
We equip you so you can equip your young participants!
Yes, you can pick up the manual and run with it.
You can also add the VIDEO COACHING / LIVE COACHING option.
Equipping relational skills is unique, a bit different than teaching a lesson. Relational skills requires that a facilitator teaches not only from a manual but, also teaches from experiences, from your life and use of these skills!
Using the equipping COACHING option allows you to become more proficient in leading the material PLUS includes a bit of LIFE COACHING.
“Young people always know when someone is JUST teaching from a manual.”
Let’s imagine you and I are sitting in my office and you asked, “Can you walk me through that session?” I would say, “Let me tell you all about it.” These video clips will have that vibe. I get to share a bit of my wisdom, experiences, suggestions and enthusiasm on each of the twelve sessions.
RESOURCES – Coming Soon!
YOUNG SAMARITANS Training Manual
The plans you need to equip your young participants to care, listen and be present when friends need a friend. Nine sessions that can be woven into existing programs or used in a series.