15 Mentoring and One-on-One conversations NEW!
Choose from a variety of topics for your mentoring ministry. Faith comes from the models and mentors who live it and talk about it!
$34.95 for unlimited printing rights
by Lyle Griner
15 mentoring and one-on-one conversations about a variety of topics
Daring Deep Discussions is a tool allowing for personal faith and life, that sometimes lay hidden, to rise to the surface and be spoken and shared. Studies and sermons are wonderful, but people, especially young people, are looking for people who actually live, think, and talk about faith and life outside the walls of institutional buildings.
I recently asked a group of High School youth about specifics they remembered from their confirmation program. Silence!… Then one of the youth said, “I do remember a lot of my conversations with my mentor.” (A series of one-on-one conversations with an adult they had chosen during Lent). The other youth lit up and started telling each other some of the things they remembered from those conversations! MENTORING faith conversations maybe the most effective strategy you will use this year!
CLICK see all the topics
Ideas for Using
- One-on-one conversations during trips, retreats and camps.
- Youth choose an adult mentor, approved with parents, and then meet for a series of weeks. Lent is a favorite of many churches.
- Long van or bus time discussions.
- Annual “Bap-Day” conversations with a God parent or baptismal sponsor.
- Small group or candle time discussions about faith and life.
- Overnights at Grandparents or Aunt and Uncles homes.
- “The walk.” Five miles and a cell phone, each mile speaking with a different caring person. Set up with parents ahead of time.
- Leadership mentoring. You have student leaders? Each needs an adult mentor to support their leadership journey!
- Cross+Generational, put three or four people together, each from a different generation.
- Parent and youth discussions! Facilitate a time and place.
- Walk-and-Talks or Walkie-Talkies! – Take a sheet and go for a walk with a partner.
- Youth Ministry person-to-person evening. Facilitate youth talking to another youth.
- Print on place mats for meal time discussions at church events.
© 2014 – 15 topics to choose from